CorteX Entry Level Double A-Arm SLA Front Suspension 2005-2014 S197 Mustang
CorteX short-long arm (SLA) suspension systems (also known as a double wishbone suspension) are a no-compromise solution to anyone that wants the ultimate handling solution for their vehicle. There really is no substitute for a properly designed SLA suspension. Compared to a front struts suspension an SLA has superior camber gain, roll center stability and in most cases additional tire clearance. Here are some key benefits to a properly designed SLA suspension:
If you are unfamiliar with the SLA design please take a look here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_wishbone_suspension
If you are unfamiliar with the MacPherson strut suspension design please please see this link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MacPherson_strut
- Lower lap time by 2-4 seconds depend on the length and features of the track on a back to back test with the same tires!
- More tire rubber on ground at any given situation.
- Reduced entry and mid-corner understeer without loss of rear end grip!
- Reduced static camber requirement
- Roll center much more stable both vertically and laterally making handling more consistent and predictable
- Much less sensitive to changes in ride height. For example, lowering the chassis one inch only causes the roll center to drop one inch.
- High-quality damper significantly less expensive – e.g. double eyelet coilover shocks are nearly half the cost of equivalent struts which nearly pays for the conversion to SLA.
- Inherently stronger design since components are in tension and compression instead of bending
- Experts agrees: Nearly every supercar uses this suspension type
Advantage over competitors products:
- Quicker and easier to install
- Less expensive and better value
- Utilized more advanced and heavy duty OEM steering rack including the electronic power assist steering (EPAS)
- Stiffer, more reliable, and more adjustable spindle/hub assembly with integrated wheels speed sensors
- Damper and spring loads are fed into shock towers at the OEM load bearing point eliminating the excessive deflection found in competitors systems
- Stronger and stiffer k-member, shock mounts, and control arms
- More advanced damper selection
- Wide range of brake system options already available
- Easily adjustable roll center
Designed for use with OEM steering rack, hydraulic or EPAS not a Mustang II or FOX or SN95!
- Modified OEM Spindles
- Race-Duty Lower Arms (set)
- Upper Control Arms (set)
- UCA Mounts (set)
- Upper shock mounts (set)
- Adjustable Anti-Roll Bar Kit
- JRi Single Adjustable Shocks (other options available)
- Springs & Coil Over Hardware (pair)
- Bump Steer Kit
- Motor Mounts (set)
- EPAS rack retrofit available for 2005-2010 if desired (see options)
Works with OEM brakes for further cost saving vs our all out race system.