Spindles just don’t get enough credit when it comes to front suspension. It’s so much more than just that thing the control arms bolt to; the design and strength can have a dramatic effect on how effective a suspension is; it’s the central interaction point for the control arms and the steering. Plus, the geometry built into the spindle itself can make all the difference in how a car handles and how the rest of the suspension needs to be designed to correctly balance.
The spindle and hub assembly is the interface between the suspension and the wheels and tires. A properly designed suspension can only do its job if the spindle is up to the task of transferring all of the load and controlling the geometry. These lightweight billet spindles offer unsurpassed strength, rigidity, and versatility all in a tidy package. The assembly features 4 components that can be services easily if necessary. Originally designed for aftermarket Ford Mustang SLA system these spindles have proven to be adaptable to a variety of applications.
All of that was taken into account with the CorteX Radial X Spindle design but there is more. It’s unique because rather than being a single forging locked into a specific geometry, it’s modular and configurable. That of course means more initial design work, as well as extremely accurate machining, but it also results in a product that allows for precise engineering of each component. That really pays off in the end; here are some of the technical highlights:
- Main upright body
- Lower ball joint mount and steering arm
- Upper ball joint mount
- Unitized hub and wheel bearing assembly (non-serviceable) with integral wheel speed sensor
- Tapered Tie rod hole for use with out optional bump-steer kit
- Lower ball joint has 7 degree tapered ball joint for use with SN95 Mustang ball joints, but can easily be reamed to the larger K727 ball joint.
- Upper ball joint taper is for K772 ball joints.
- Camber adjustment can be done at upper ball joint mount using shims.
- Optional bolt patters available 5×4.75 and 5×5 (5×4.5 standard)
- 10 Degree Angled Ball Joint Plate Set (UCA-1001) is required when upgrading from OEM SN95 to Radial X drop spindles (for SN95 or Fox SLA required)
- Competition Weight hub version shown in picture is optional.
- Mounting brackets for 3 inch hose brake ducts available
- Lower ball joint located at least 2-inch lower than an SN-95 Mustang spindles
- Exceptional steering response and cornering ability
- Superior stiffness and strength compared to OEM spindles
- Compatible with wide wheels and tires (315, 335, etc.)
- Quick and accurate camber adjustment upper ball joint mount shim kit
- Brakes rotor sizes from 13-inch and up
- Radial design allows superior wheel bearing and rotor cooling when using brake ducting
- Adjustable king pin inclination angle by changing modular upper ball joint mount
- Adjustable Ackerman geometry using alternate modular steering arms
- Includes ARP 12-point hardware and hard anodized finish
- Hubs include high-strength stock length studs (ARP wheel studs available)
Brake brackets sold separately. Many brake system options available.
Compatible Brake System:
- Stoptech ST40, 355 x 32 Rotors for 2005-2014 Mustang
- Stoptech ST60, 355 x 32 Rotors for 2005-2014 Mustang
- Brembo AIX Pro 4-piston (E7), 2005-2014 Mustang application 355 x 32 mm rotors
- Brembo XB105 Calipers with both 350x34mm wide annulus rotors, 380x32mm rotors, and also 380x35mm
- Performance Friction ZR54 355 x 32mm Grand Am endurance system
- Baer 6R/S Calipers 14×1.25 rotors
- Baer 6P Calipers and 14×1.25 rotors
- Wilwood, JFZ, Sierra, and Brakeman T4 lug mount Calipers (3.5 lug mount) with 13 x 1.25″ Rotor
Features an optimized, highly reconfigurable, simple, modular design for ultimate strength and performance. Custom Geometry and custom Ball Joint Taper and/or Locations (upper and lower) are available upon quotation; contact us (4-6 week lead time).
Stocked Applications: CorteX SLA Systems.
*Compatible Applications: Most Mustang SLA conversion systems
Make sure to check on available brake options. We sell separate caliper brackets for the application listed. When ordering Baer 6S / 6R big brake kits the brackets are included with the brake system.
Light Weight, Strong, Billet Aluminum 2″ Drop 8.9 deg Spindle Set for SLA systems, to Fit S197 hub. Includes Hub Retaining Nuts, and Collars. Does not include Brake Brackets or Hubs. Modular design is easily and inexpensively serviceable. For use on all GR350 and GR40 systems, and many other custom vehicle applications. Ball Joint Tapers: Moog 772 upper, Ford Fox/SN95 Lower. Can be reamed to fit Moog 727 or any 7″ taper. 5/8 straight hole for tie rod link. Brake Caliper Brackets available for any 3.5″, 130mm (SN95) or 150mm (S197) mount. Light-weight 3″ hose brake duct brackets available.